Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bailey is 5

It's hard to believe that I am the mother of a 5 year old. The time has just flown by and I feel like it is getting away from me. It seems just like yesterday that Russell and I brought home this sweet little baby girl with more hair on her head and personality in her body than one person should be allowed. Bailey is such a gift! She has the amazing ability to read people and to connect with everyone and bring joy and happiness into all our lives. She is continually smiling or goofing around, she gets a pure kick out of life and is always searching for the next big adventure. I decided to put 5 of my favorite pictures of Bug throughout the years on this birthday blog, the only problem was looking through all the old pics I realized that they are all my favorite. I had such a hard time breaking it down to just 5. I have truly enjoyed every moment that I have had with my girl. Watching her grow and develop with each new stage has been a joy and a blessing.
Miss Personality
Always making us laugh. She is known for making Dress-ups out of anything, even a bucket.
She grew up so much the day she became a Big Sister. I was so proud of the way she took care of her baby brother. So Loving and protective.
Bailey Picked out her own Christmas outfit
which was supposed to be Red but she talked me into all pink.
I guess you could say it's her signature color.

The Morning of Bug's birthday she woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed and had a revelation to tell me, she was no longer a toddler interested in silly little kid things, she was now a big 5 year old. In her own words, "I am practically a grown up". (Yes, she actually said this to me)
In honor of her 5th birthday here is a Tribute to Bailey in all 5's.

5 of Bailey's favorite Foods:
Crab, Pomegranates, Waffles, Lasagna, Tuna Fish (funny thing about her liking Tuna is that it was the only thing I craved while I was pregnant with her. Coincidence?)
5 of Bailey's Favorite Shows:
Enchanted, Stardust, The Little Mermaid, All of the Shirley Temple Movies, Sound of Music
5 favorite Places Bailey has been:
Arizona with Gram Faye and Kathy to see Gracie perform her Irish step Dance. South Dakota road trip, California with Reagan and Chiristine, St.George to visit Aunt Annie and Bear Lake with the Taylor family.
5 of Bailey's favorite things:
Polly Pocket dolls, Stuffed Cat, American Girl baby doll, my ipod, Dress up clothes
5 facts about Bug:
She is an amazing little artist with a fascinating imagination, She is a true Social Butterfly, She wakes up with a smile every day, She has a beautiful singing voice and likes to make up songs, She is kind to everyone and does a great job to make sure no one is left out, even if that means including her little brother.
Bailey's best Friends:
Brooklyn, Reagan, Kaylie, Mia, Saydi, Riley, Gram Kathy, Gram Faye, Annie, Rolene and Janine
5 things Bailey would like to be when she grows up: Artist, Scientist, Ballet Dancer, Singer or a Princess. (I say shoot for the moon and go for them all!)
5 things that Bailey looks forward to about getting older:
"loosing my teeth"
"getting my ears pierced"
"Kindergarten"
"Getting Married"
"Going to bed when ever I want"

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute blog!! Bailey is such a special little girl & Kaylie loves her "cousin" very much!!! Thanks for sharing your lives with us!

Love, Heather

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Bailey girl. I just love you to pieces. And you certainly do make this world a brighter place. I love all of your darling little girly outfits and your sparkly smile. I however; am a little upset that I didn't make the "best friend" list. Shoot. Maybe when your six and I'm thirty four! Love ya

Mindylou said...

I love the trip down memory lane and all the cute pictures of Bailey. To be honest, seeing her really made me want a Taylor girl. Really, it did. She has always been such a doll. We miss you guys, just a few more months until we can play all the time! Happy Birthday Bailey Bug!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Bailey!! You are such a beautiful girl and so much fun to be around!!! We Love You!!