Sunday, October 5, 2008

10th Anniversay!

Russ and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary last weekend in San Francisco. Can you believe it? 10 whole adventurous, exciting, never a dull moment, years! It took a little work to get out of town - making sure the kids were cared for and dog fed but thanks t0 the Walker family and Brayden Orgle it was all made possible and boy was it worth it!
We badly needed some time away together! Luke couldn't understand why he wasn't invited because he is so much fun. I had everything packed and ready to go then walked out of my room to pick up the house, when I returned I found a the cutest little stow away in my suitcase instead clothes. Russ grew up north of San Fran just on the other side of the Bay so we decided to spend our first night at the Courtyard Marriott in Novato. That evening we had a very thoughtful "Welcoming Gift" -a red rose, yummy smelling bath candle and bath soaps along with a decorative towel and a note pad - waiting in our room courtesy of Sherine and Nelson, a lovely couple who live in Olympus Cove that Russ is currently building for. We have met
some of the most genuine and caring people through Russell's work over the years, many of whom remain close family friends forever. We are truly blessed to have have so many supportive wonderful people surrounding our little family. I woke up to my hubby's old stompin' grounds and little did I know I was in for a first hand education in the History of Russell Taylor, what a treat! We spent the day visiting all of Russell's old Haunts and a few old friends and I got to learn some new things about my husband. I am making Russ "Man Post" the history attached to all these pictures for posterity and all of man kind because it is his history not mine and I want an authentic account in the books. Hopefully it gets done sooner than later so until then you will all have to pardon the picutres with out captions.
This is his childhood home on CORTE NORTE in a cul de sac perfect for playing night games and riding your bike, jumping cars on roller blades or riding your skateboard.
This is the infamous "hill" that the boys had to weed. I don't know about you but it looks like a mountain to me.


Best Buddy Johnny's house
Safeway that Russ broke his arm at.

Kevin the barber.
He knew exactly who Russell was even though he hasn't seen him for over 15 years.













2 comments:

3 Lumps-O-Cole said...

I am so confused. Didn't you do this like a couple months ago?

Emily said...

Yes, but I saved it as a DRAFT, waiting for Russ to fill in the text and it just never got done. So, I went ahead and posted it as is.