Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Luke is 3

I remember when I was pregnant with Luke, Russ and I went to get my ultrasound and the tech told us it was a boy. Russ had him check 3 times to make sure he wasn't mistaken. It was such a happy day for us because we wanted a boy so badly. Bailey had put an order in for a new teeny tiny little white fluffy puppy but she finally decided that she was satisfied with a baby brother. We all wondered what Luke's personality would be like, since Bailey is such a character, we worried that if he was timid he would end up in his big sisters shadow. He surprised us all and was born with all the personality and charisma that a 10 pounder could hold. Luke is so much like his daddy it just makes me laugh. They both run non-stop all day, everyday and it wears me out! We are working on harnessing Lukie's energies into Athletics and motorcycling and he seems to understand and enjoy them all. He loves to test himself to see how far he can push his little body and he is always making up games to see who can do this or that bigger, better or badder. Luke is boy through and through and yet he remains my little gentleman. He is kind and polite and he always makes sure to open doors for the girls and tell them that they look pretty, Gram Faye in particular. Luke is hilarious and he loves to entertain - not to mention he's a pretty great dancer. Here is my Birthday tribute to the Boy in honor of him turning 3 We were delighted to have boy in our family and he was such a easy baby. I think I was the only mother known to history to have brought home a newborn that slept through the night every night. I had insomnia something terrible and so I stayed up nights on end watching my sweet baby boy sleep.
Two buddies chillin'. Luke has always idolized his daddy.
My little Blue Eyes. We all wondered where he came from since Russ and I both have Brown eyes. Apparently Russ and I both carry a recessive gene that causes blue eyes and we think they're beautiful! If you ask Lukie where he got them he will tell you, "From the sky".
3 of Luke's favorite foods:
Broccoli, Lemonade, Candy
3 of Luke's favorite shows:
Spiderman, Batman, Scoobydoo
3 favorite places Luke has been:
Lagoon with Kaylie, Murray Pool with friends and Cousins, Bear Lake with the Taylor Family
3 of Luke's favorite Things:
Batman Costume, Spiderman Costume, 50 Motorcycle
3 Facts about Luke:
He wears his underpants backwards so he can see which superhero he has on
He is sensitive, kind and tender hearted
He tells the most imaginative stories you've ever heard
Luke's Buddies:
Dylan, AJ, Jager, Bug, Cole, Chance, Josh, Adam, Dad, Brandon,
Gram Faye, Gram Kathy, Rolene, John and Tyler
3 things Luke wants to be when he grows up:
Spiderman with big Muscles, His dad with big Muscles, Motorcycle Guy with big Muscles
3 Things Luke looks forward to about getting older:
"Getting Taller"
"Growing Big Muscles"
"Being a Superhero"

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday widdle lukie!