Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Magical Day

I know what you're thinking,
"Wow, Bell and Snow White, what the heck are they doing in town?"
The answer to your question is, they were celebrating a
Magical day together at Disney's Princess' on Ice. Bug and I invited Mia and her mother Jenn to join us for a fun girls day out. We went to lunch before the show and the two girls got such a kick out of all the attention they attracted in their Princess costumes. For some reason everyone could easily figure out who Mia was (Snow White) but they just couldn't quite figure out Bug's character (Belle, in case you don't know).
Mind you the majority of people who commented on the costumes were at Olive Garden in the middle of the afternoon, elderly and probably haven't seen a Disney movie since Fantasia was released. But hey, it was still fun to keep them guessing. The show was truly magical, done in trademark Disney style. Bug's favorite part was Belle dancing with her handsome Prince and the number from "It's a Small World." She sat on the edge of her seat with eyes as big as saucers never moving a muscle until intermission. It was entertaining for of all ages and I even found myself a little disappointed when it was over. They did a tremendous job at keeping the excitement level up and flowing from one story to the next. I was impressed to see a wide variety of characters from the older well known Pinocchio to the newer Mulan and Incredibles. My favorite part was being able to hear all the little girls voices over the top of the sound system singing as loud as they possibly could to all their favorite songs. I couldn't help but smile at how adorable these young girls were, singing about their future love and all their wishes coming true. It was strangely reminiscent of myself when I was young, down in my unfinished basement listening to Disney records, rollerskating and singing out loud to all my favorite songs.
Disney is timeless, I guess that's why we all love it so much.
It brings back nostalgic memories of the past and enables us to re create those moments for younger generations.
It was such a fun day with my Bug, well worth every penny!
Even for the ridiculously overpriced $12 snow cone.

6 comments:

Heather said...

They look adorable!! I am so glad that you all enjoyed the show! Kaylie loved it too & has already said that she wants to go with Bailey....next time we will have to plan it!!

Liz said...

Okay seriously, I think I'm the only loser mom that didn't take my kids to Disney on Ice this year. Last year it stunk and this year everyone is raving about it! Oh well.
Any who, the girls looked adorable. I wish I could still dress my two girlies like that!

3 Lumps-O-Cole said...

Belle, Now what movie was
she in? J/K
Have "fun" with the $12 Mickey mouse snowcone cup! Oh,I do not like that cup!!!!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

ALLINA WOULD WEAR A DISNEY PRINCESS COSTUME TO COLLEGE, IF SHE COULD. SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE! HEY EMILY... WHERE WAS YOUR PRETTY PRINCESS COSTUME? YOUR TINY BODY WOULD HAVE FIT FOR SURE. BAILEY IS SIMPLY PRECIOUS! WHAT A MAGICAL GIRLS-DAY-OUT!!!

Reid and Christine Family said...

How fun! We need to have Bailey over for a play-date soon. I
ll call you.

Maquel said...

How fun! I think Disney on Ice would be really awesome to see. The girls look adorable, too!