Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quality time with my boy

Today my mom took Bailey for the afternoon which allowed Lukie and I to spend some time together. It's not very often that we get good quality, mother son, one on one. I wish I could say that we used it doing something adventurous or creative. But, since he wasn't feeling 100% (gotta love this time of year) we ran a few quick errands then spent the rest of the day at home doing laundry, playing good guy bad guy (guess who I always get to be) and watching as many Batman shows that we could stomach. Periodically Luke would jump up to teach me a new "super hero game" or tell me a lengthy imaginative story then he would kindly pause and wait for me to teach him something new and exciting. I'm not very experienced in the art of boy play so after a few miserably failed attempts at swords the best I could come up with was........ dancing. He didn't seem to mind, we just giggled our heads off at each other acting like such silly goofballs. So I know it might be considered "rushing the season" a little but today I had such an urge to listen to Christmas music. While cleaning the house I busted out the holiday CD's and told Luke to get changed into something more appropriate so we could cut a serious rug. He was on it, and with in seconds he had shed his costume and walked out of the bathroom looking like this, with his hair gelled and sun glasses on. Amazing, I know it's unusual to see the boy with out Super hero garb on. It's a battle every day to convince him to put on "civilian clothing". So you can imagine my surprise when I asked him about his handsome getup, he proceeded to tell me that he no longer wants to go byLuke or Lukie, he would much rather be addressed as Lit'l Russ when he isn't in super hero attire. After all he was wearing Russell's signature back fleece jacket, shades, outdoor shoes and sporting one cool dude attitude. Hilarious! I got such a kick out him dressing up as his Dad to dance with me, what a little gentleman. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his daddy doesn't dance. (sorry Babe, you're good at a lot of things but Dancin' definitely not it.) Luke was an amazing partner, you should have seen him light the floor on fire with his breath taking footwork.
Finally when he could take it no more, Lit'l Russ retreated into the bat cave for a nap. It was such a laid back, ordinary day with out doing anything of major importance. However, I know that these are the days I will remember when my children are grown and gone. I love being home with my kids and I truly enjoyed the day with my very favorite boy.

5 comments:

3 Lumps-O-Cole said...

Hey Cuz! Your Lukie is so cute...maybe we could have an arranged marriage? LOL
If you want Christmas music FM100 and 106.5 have been playing it since Nov 1st. Can't believe it.
I'm going to that Apt. tomorrow..oh I guess it's today. I will call you when I get home.

3 Lumps-O-Cole said...

Yo, Me again. I was reading your fav books. It really freaky the book you have read...I will explain later.

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

YOU ARE SUCH A DARLING MOMMA! I CAN TELL THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER AND CHERISH THESE SPECIAL TIMES WITH YOUR ADORABLE BABIES. IT IS FUNNY HOW THE MOST MEMORABLE TIMES, USUALLY HAPPEN... AT HOME. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST.

Liz said...

Those are seriously the best days ever! I love the nap in a basket. That is priceless. Lukie is so funny...gotta love that boy!

Heather said...

Luke...I love your bat cave!! Sweet dreams

Love, Kaylie