Friday, September 5, 2008

"Beauty Mark"

I took Bailey to see my brother-in-law Dr. Mark Rada to have a mole removed from the back of her leg. He had looked at it a few months ago and warned me that it was extremely dark and uneven around the edges, suspicious for someone her age and that it was important to get it removed before it could do her any harm. It's always better to be safe than sorry and who needs a Beauty Mark on the back of their leg anyway. We are lucky to have a Dr in the family to keep tabs on all this stuff because I wouldn't have thought much about it, since she's a child. You only really hear about older people getting these things removed. So, Thank you Dr. Mark.
I was nervous about how she would do, besides a broken Tibia last year she's never had anything done like this before. She cried and screamed a little bit, mostly out of fear of the unknown I'm sure because Mark was extremely gentle with her. Over all she surprised her mom and was very brave little girl. (Of course the M&M's from the staff and bribery of a new Doll of her choice also helped.) Mark gave her a love and some final instructions about how she needs to take it easy, no swimming and rough housing because she has stitches in the back of her leg. As we were walking out to the car she stops me in the middle of the parking lot and says, "But mom, you forgot to ask Dr. Mark if I can still dance." Yep, that's my girl!

2 comments:

Reid and Christine Family said...

So brave! I would have cried a little too.

P.S. I hear Bailey has her eye on a new Build-A-Bear outfit she saw at the mall yesterday?

Emily said...

Never a dull moment, that's for sure! Poor Lynne had to endure the screaming and gnashing of teeth. I'm afraid she's going to BLACK LIST us.