Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LAGOON - It's What Fun Is

Russ has been working a lot this summer which is great, I'm thankful that he's busy, but with him being gone so much, it makes it hard sometimes to get things accomplished with two small children. So I called in the reinforcements - Madison and Cortlyn, our cute older cousins.
Last Thursday night we had a sleepover and we made a deal that if they helped me clean up and organize the kids’ playroom that I would take them the following day to Lagoon. Talk about results, we now have one super duper organized playroom. Thanks Cort and Madison we love you so much!
Waiting in line at Pioneer Village
My college Roommate Heather met us there with her family - Stacy, Kaylie and her mom (the best sport ever in my book) Janice.
My Iron-man and the Bug

Getting wet on another ride - how do those jeans feel Heath?
We were at Lagoon until 11pm and the next day Russ got up and did a Half-Iron-Man, unbelievable? No, not even surprising after all he is Russell Taylor. By the way his finishing time was 2hours 14 minutes, not too shabby.
Brave kids on Puff the roller coaster- notice Kaylie's arms straight up in the air.
Luke was in absolute heaven behind the wheel of his own little car
I guess this is what we have to look forward to in a 10 years
Luke asked me to put my hand on his tummy to see if I could feel anything funny. I'm pretty sure he was talking about having butterflies in his stomach but when I asked him about this he laughed and said, "No Mom, I didn't eat butterflies."
Its hard to see in this photo because it's so dark (I know I need to get a new camera) but Russ won the kids an armload of stuffed animals. He loves to test himself athletically, especially when there is a bet or a prize involved. We had so many animals it was hard to get them all in the car, we seriously considered leaving a child or two at Lagoon.

1 comment:

Reid and Christine Family said...

so fun! I love that you're blogging!!!