Thursday, August 7, 2008

Orem City Days

The Boys in an Orem City Fire EngineLuke and Dylan on the Mum Mum
Bug and friend KaylieLukie on the big slide all by himself
Em and D on the slide


So, for those of you that don't know, I grew up in Good'ol Utah County. I lived in Orem for most of my life and as it may surprise you, I actually loved it! In fact, I still miss a lot about it like the wonderful friends and neighbors that have become more like family over the years. I miss autumn in the canyon, Stratton's Fruit Stand, eating fish and chips by the river, the view of Mt. Timpanogos right out my kitchen window, Bridal Veil Falls, Cascade Springs, climbing Rock canyon, fishing the Provo, Crandall's Apple Cider, running the Utah County trails, golfing at Tri-City and just being familiar with everything and everyone. Orem was a great little community to grow up in. After living there for over 20 years I became pretty rooted which gave me an amazing support system in friends, family, church and community. I really felt a part of things. So, now that I have moved north I still try to make it down to Orem City Festival every year to show my kids the home where I grew up, spend some time with my little brother Kyle and his son Dylan (who both still live there) and enjoy the amusements and fireworks of the "Fest". I have to say it is a little nostalgic to be there, I have memories attached to everything in Orem , plus I always thought that I would just live and raise my family there. I hope that my children will feel as much a part of things here in Holliday that I felt growing up in Orem.

No comments: