Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Taylor Family Zoo

Slider the snake has been a member of our family for about 4 months. I am terrified of snakes and so is Russ but the kids love him and believe it or not he really is an easy pet. It's been a great learning experience for the kids to feed him and to watch him shed his skin. In fact the day he shed, Lukie totally freaked out because he thought Slider was throwing up. It's kind of been like a Science Lab in the garage.
We have a new edition to our family thanks to Bailey Bug Taylor. I don't know what it is about that girl but she seems to find every injured, helpless animal within a 20 mile radius and wants to bring them home and love them back to good health.(one of the many things I love so much about her) I took the kids to the park about a week ago to have a picnic and play on the play ground, we hadn't been there 15 minutes when Bug runs out of the bathrooms in tears because there was a salamander curled up in the corner that she absolutely had to save. She grabbed my McDonald's cup, threw out my ice and coke and marched back into the bathroom - the rest is history and now we have a beautiful, healthy salamander named Barbie, who eats very small crickets that I have to go buy at Pets Mart once a week:)

1 comment:

Reid and Christine Family said...

You're a good Mom. I've hit my pet limit with 1 dog and 1 fish (who we haven't officially named and we've had him over 3 years now). You earn extra Mom points.