Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Raising Money For Nyoman

Last week Bailey, my mom and I went to help support Myle and experience the Night out for Nyoman. It was so much fun, not only to get dressed up and have a girls night out but to know that what you are doing is helping someone in need. Myle had live music, great food, pedicures,(which Bailey took full advantage of) and totally awesome deals in the store. Thanks to everyone who helped:) and it's not to late for those of you that would still like to make a difference in Nyoman's life - No donation is too large or small please send to -
Myle Walsh 312 E 300 N Midway Utah 84049
Something happened recently that made me really proud of Bug. One day I received an email from my good friend Myle Walsh (the wonderful lady that I went to Bali with) about a fundraiser she is holding to help buy a vehicle for an Indonesian man named Nyoman. Bailey asked me to read her the invite and it sounded something like this;"Nyoman Pada is a wonderful Father of 3, husband and good friend! He scrapes out a living by driving and working in the rice fields near Ubud, Bali. Nyoman is in dire need of a new vehicle that will help him attract customers - his present van is old and run down (I can attest to that since it broke down on my trip) Competition in Ubud is fierce- and Nyoman is finding it more and more difficult to attract business. It takes about $2700.00 to buy him a new vehicle and in doing so he will become the village bus, medical supply runner, ambulance, taxi and it will enable him to work year round and supply for his family. " I met him on my trip and he is a very kind humble man. After reading Bailey the story and explaining what a fund raiser is for, she quietly slipped upstairs and began coloring a picture of Nyoman and his new car, took an envelope out side and ran around the neighborhood (little brother and dog in tow) knocking on doors collecting her cute little heart out. When she finally came home she had a little over $70.00 to send off to Bali. I've never been so proud of her - It is a special gift to think of others and do kind things for them, she has one big heart!!!!.
My little activist collecting door to door with little brother and Dog in tow

No comments: